When Will The Politicians Do What’s Right For Americans?
Shortly after we received the first $1,200 per person stimulus checks back in August, I was at a friend’s house for a kid’s birthday party when someone asked me my thoughts on if we were going to get a second stimulus.
I said yes… Its almost 100% guaranteed… After the politicians stop fighting.
So even though I was pessimistic about the quick release of any second stimulus into our bank accounts… Even I didn’t think the politics around this would be as toxic – and take as long as they have.
As of this writing, the second stimulus checks are still in limbo after President Trump threatened to veto the bill passed in the United States house of representatives on December 21st.
He’s doing this because of the “pork” – unnecessary stuff like hundreds of millions of dollars in foreign aid to other countries. And because of the “small” $600 per person amount in the bill agreed to go to US citizens.
Trump wants the “Pork” out of the bill and $2,000 to go to every man, woman, and child in the country.
This torpedoed the bill on December 23rd after it was passed in the House. And because of the long Christmas holiday the bill is still not signed into law.
And with the President’s veto threat a real one, its likely to remain so for a bit longer as we head into another holiday shortened week with New Year’s Eve and day.
As I said back in August at my friend’s house… A second stimulus is almost 100% likely… After the politicians stop fighting.
Unfortunately for millions of Americans who are struggling to pay their bills, buy their kids gifts for Christmas, New Years, and Hannukah, and to put food on the table this holiday season… That remains true months later.
This is the only thing I’m watching this week as we head into 2021… Will our politicians get us the help we as Americans need as go into a new year? Or will they continue fighting?
If you’re looking for the best way to protect your portfolio as the economy hangs in the balance and the politicians fight…
Make sure you’re in great stocks that have the following traits…
- They’re cheap
- They have little to no debt compared to a lot of cash
- They produce large profits and cash flows.
- And make sure they aren’t in industries that could be hammered by more closures.
You can see stocks we recommend that fit these criteria at the end of this article.
This week try to take a bit of a break from all this bad news to focus on yourself… Your friends… And your family.
As we approach Christmas and New Year this is important to keep sane… Both personally and with your portfolio.
I sincerely hope you have a great Christmas, Hannukah, and New Year’s break.
I’ll keep you updated on any major news in the meantime.
Use the following links to some of our recent articles to learn other ways to protect yourself and your investments in these uncertain times.
- The Best Internet of Things Stock
- One Thing That Will Increase Your Investment Returns More Than Anything
- This Top Robotics Stock Isn’t One You’d Think Of
- The Best Internet Security Stock
- Should You Buy Oracle?
- The Best Unknown Artificial Intelligence Stock
- 5 Reasons To Buy Emerson Electric
- The Best Telehealth Stock
- 1 More Reason To Buy CVS
- 3 Reasons To Buy Qualcomm – And 1 Not To
- 3 More Reasons To Buy Cisco
- 3 Reasons To Buy Activision
- 3 Reasons To Buy Dollar General – And 1 Not To
- 4 Reasons To buy eBay
- Should You Buy Lockheed Martin?
- Is Xilinx A Buy?
- AMD Buys Xilinx For $35 Billion
- Is eBay Still A Buy After Earnings?
- Is McDonald’s Still A Buy?
- Should You Still Buy Emerson After Its 25% Rise Since August?
- Should You Buy Walmart After Online Sales Grow 79%?
- Is Qualcomm A Buy After Sales Rise 73%?
Disclosure – Jason Rivera is a 13+ year veteran value investor who now spends much of his time helping other investors earn higher than average investment returns safely. He does not have any holdings in any securities mentioned above and the article expresses his own opinions. He has no business relationship with any company mentioned above