Why You Need To Protect Your Retirement Portfolio Now
Over the last several weeks I’ve shown you many reasons to keep your guard up so you can protect your retirement portfolio in these uncertain times.
Yes, economically things are getting better… But slowly.
In these morning articles I typically show you stocks either to avoid, ones to consider buying, or talk to you about the various risks in the market right now.
If you’ve missed any of those articles, here are the mains risks I’ve talked about at length the last few weeks.
- Stock market valuations at or near all-time records.
- Inflation is rising rapidly.
- Debt levels continue to go straight up and now sit at a combined $281 trillion worldwide.
- Interest rates are rising.
- Unemployment is rising again…
- And so are Covid cases and deaths.
It’s not just one large risk out there right now… There’s many… And almost no one else is telling you about any of this.
At the end of these Monday morning articles I end them by saying the following…
This is why I’ve said for months, figuring out the unemployment issue is the number one thing to fix before we’re on sound economic footing again.
And while we still have a long way to go… We appear to be on the right track. At least for now.
But this is only one months’ worth of data…
I still recommend you stay cautious in your investment portfolio due to the other major risk factors I’ve talked about in recent weeks.
- Interest rates
- Record Debt
These risks remain.
But for at least one month, the employment picture is getting better. And this is the largest underlying problem.
I recommend you stay cautious, but I don’t recommend you sell everything… So, what’s the best way to protect yourself from all these risks?
Make sure you’re in great stocks that have the following traits…
- They’re cheap.
- They have little to no debt compared to a lot of cash.
- They produce large profits and cash flows.
- And make sure they aren’t in industries that could be hammered by Covid.
These kinds of stocks – the ones I try to find for you every day – are things you should continue investing in because they will provide you good to great returns no matter what the market is doing.
All while protecting you from the major risks like valuation, unemployment, debt, and inflation.
After this, I point you to recent articles I’ve written that show you what stocks to consider buying now to protect your retirement portfolio.
But with all these massive risks circling, next two weeks during our evening email sends, I want to get even more specific.
In our evening sends for the next two weeks I’m going to show you the best dividend stocks I’ve written about so far… And remind you of some of the best stock picks I’ve made thus far.
I’m doing this to remind you of specific stocks to consider buying – and avoiding – to invest in now to protect your retirement as risk continues rising.
- Because dividends won’t only help you make money now to live off in your retirement… Or help grow your nest egg. Dividends will also help protect you from any of the huge major risks above.
If inflation gets out of hand, you’ll still earn income from your dividend stocks to offset this.
If debt levels and valuations continue to skyrocket, and we see low growth and low investment returns going forward… Dividends will still give you an investment return.
If interest rates, new covid cases and deaths, and unemployment continue rising, that lead to lockdowns or slower economic output… You’ll still get paid your dividends.
And if the market crashes and the “normal” stocks in your portfolio fall 20% or more… The dividend paying stocks will help protect your downside and still give you a return.
2. I see enormous risks out there right now in the market that almost no one else is talking about.
Because of this, I want to show you some of the best stock picks we’ve generated so far so you can either consider buying or avoiding them to protect your portfolio.
Like I said above, these risks don’t mean you should panic and sell everything.
But what it does mean is that you need to protect yourself and your retirement portfolio.
In the mornings, you’ll still get new articles detailing whether you should buy or avoid a stock…
But at night for the next two weeks, I want to send you the articles I described above to show you specific ways to protect your retirement portfolio now as risks rise.
Until then, you can see some of those articles below.
To see some of those kinds of stocks that will help protect your retirement portfolio – Click the links below.
- The Best Internet of Things Stock
- One Thing That Will Increase Your Investment Returns More Than Anything
- This Top Robotics Stock Isn’t One You’d Think Of
- The Best Internet Security Stock
- Should You Buy Oracle?
- The Best Unknown Artificial Intelligence Stock
- 5 Reasons To Buy Emerson Electric
- The Best Telehealth Stock
- 1 More Reason To Buy CVS
- 3 Reasons To Buy Qualcomm – And 1 Not To
- 3 More Reasons To Buy Cisco
- 3 Reasons To Buy Activision
- 3 Reasons To Buy Dollar General – And 1 Not To
- 4 Reasons To buy eBay
- Should You Buy Lockheed Martin?
- Is Xilinx A Buy?
- AMD Buys Xilinx For $35 Billion
- Is eBay Still A Buy After Earnings?
- Is McDonald’s Still A Buy?
- Should You Still Buy Emerson After Its 25% Rise Since August?
- Should You Buy Walmart After Online Sales Grow 79%?
- Is Qualcomm A Buy After Sales Rise 73%?
- Should You Buy Cisco Before Earnings?
- Should You Buy Oracle Before Earnings?
- Why Intel Is Still A Buy After Its Latest Earnings…
- Buy This 7.9% Dividend King
- CVS Is Still A Buy After Record Earnings
- Should You Buy Homebuilder Lennar As The Housing Market Skyrockets?
Disclosure – Jason Rivera is a 14+ year veteran value investor who now spends much of his time helping other investors earn higher than average investment returns safely. He does not have any holdings in any securities mentioned above and the article expresses his own opinions. He has no business relationship with any company mentioned above.