3 Questions That Will Help Save Your Retirement From Inflation
For months I’ve warned about potential inflation… And now not only is it here… But its rising at its fastest rate since 1981.
Because of that, today I want to show you 3 Questions That Will Help Save Your Retirement From Inflation
1. What Kind Of Stocks Should You Invest In With Inflation Rising?
A. Growth Stocks
B. Value Stocks
C. No Stocks
D. Dividend Stocks
Correct Answers – B and D.
Answer Reason – Investing in growth stocks like Apple, Google, Facebook, etc. during “normal” times is riskier due to high valuations. But is still mostly a sure bet because of how dominant these companies are.
But during inflation, investing in these kinds of fast growth stocks is ultra-risky because inflation eats away at future growth… Which is what growth stocks are valued on.
This means A isn’t the answer.
And unless you are fully in retirement mode and have enough money to live off you should always be invested in some stocks. So, C isn’t the answer either.
The answer is B and D because value stocks become more valuable during inflation. This happens because current assets, profits, and cash flows have more value than farther away assets do.
And this is the way value stocks are valued typically. On what it’s doing now.
You should also own dividends because they can help you fight the negative effects by paying you say a 2.7% dividend as an example.
If inflation is 1% and you own a dividend portfolio that pays you 2.7% on average – you’re still outpacing the rate of inflation and earning a return.
Owning both dividend paying value stocks is a great way to protect your retirement from inflation.
You can learn about some of these that I recommend further below.
2. Which Kinds of Industries Will Best Protect Your Retirement During Inflation?
A. Consumer Staples
B. Tech Stocks
C. Mining Stocks
Correct Answer – A.
Answer Reason – The answer is A because consumer staples – companies that create and sell things we use every day – can raise their prices to fight the effects of inflation.
But it gets even better because it can – and already has – raised its prices to fight its own rising costs of inflation.
Prices on most of Kimberly-Clark’s North American products will rise by the mid-to-high single digits, and consumers can expect to see most of the higher price stickers by late June. Impacted business segments include baby and child care, adult care and Scott toilet paper.
The above is via CNBC.
Few companies can raise prices without losing customers.
This competitive advantage is called pricing power and its enormous.
Not only because it keeps Kimberly-Clark revenues, profits, and cash flows higher… But also because this helps fight inflation too.
If it raises prices by 10% because its own costs rise 8% it automatically increases its margins by 2%… Without any additional costs.
3. Should You Panic Over Inflation And Your Retirement Account?
Correct Answer – B.
I never recommend any investor panic over any kind of investment, so this is a big no.
What you should do is prepare your portfolio by doing the following things…
Continue to make sure your retirement portfolio is invested in great stocks that have the following traits…
- They’re cheap.
- They have little to no debt compared to a lot of cash.
- They produce large profits and cash flows.
- They pay dividends.
- And make sure they aren’t in industries that could be hammered by Covid in case it comes back.
These kinds of stocks – the ones I try to find for you every day – are things you should continue investing in because they will provide you good to great returns no matter what the market is doing.
All while protecting you from the major risks like valuation, unemployment, debt, and inflation.
You should also read some of our recent articles talking about how to deal with inflation below…
- Houston… We Have A MAJOR Problem
- Warren Buffett – “We Are Seeing Substantial Inflation”
- Steps To Take Now As Inflation Rises
- What Should You Do As Home Prices Skyrocket?
- Do This As US GDP Grows At The Fastest Rate In 40 Years
- Why You Must Build An Emergency Fund Now
- 1 Tip To Protect Your Retirement – Avoid Bonds
- The United States Is Now The Highest Valued Country On Earth
And if you’re looking for some specific stocks to invest in to protect your retirement, use the following links.
- The Best Internet of Things Stock
- One Thing That Will Increase Your Investment Returns More Than Anything
- This Top Robotics Stock Isn’t One You’d Think Of
- The Best Internet Security Stock
- Should You Buy Oracle?
- The Best Unknown Artificial Intelligence Stock
- 5 Reasons To Buy Emerson Electric
- The Best Telehealth Stock
- 1 More Reason To Buy CVS
- 3 Reasons To Buy Qualcomm – And 1 Not To
- 3 More Reasons To Buy Cisco
- 3 Reasons To Buy Activision
- 3 Reasons To Buy Dollar General – And 1 Not To
- 4 Reasons To buy eBay
- Should You Buy Lockheed Martin?
- Is Xilinx A Buy?
- AMD Buys Xilinx For $35 Billion
- Is eBay Still A Buy After Earnings?
- Is McDonald’s Still A Buy?
- Should You Still Buy Emerson After Its 25% Rise Since August?
- Should You Buy Walmart After Online Sales Grow 79%?
- Is Qualcomm A Buy After Sales Rise 73%?
- Should You Buy Cisco Before Earnings?
- Should You Buy Oracle Before Earnings?
- Why Intel Is Still A Buy After Its Latest Earnings…
- Buy This 7.9% Dividend King Today
- CVS Is Still A Buy After A Record 2020
- Why This 3% Dividend Stock Is A Must Buy
- Should You Buy Homebuilder Lennar As The Housing Market Skyrockets?
- Will Biden Crush This Stock – And Your Retirement Along With It?
- Will Biden’s Infrastructure Plans Crush Housing – And This Stock?
Your guide to financial freedom and achieving your retirement goals.
Always in your service,
Publisher Stock Market Daily